NATURAL READY-TO-EAT MEALS ARE EXCELLING
The Ready-to-Eat market in the GCC is growing rapidly. Since the 1940s, sales of ready-to-eat foods have increased by 136%!
Factors influencing the market
- Fast paced lifestyles / rapid urbanization
- Lack of time for cooking and groceries shopping
- More women in the labour market
- Consumer lifestyles / fashion / trends
- Growing desire to eat better / adopt healthy habits (less fast food)
- Research and studies show that having a diet rich in natural and organic foods is healthier, minimizes the risk for exposure to environmental toxins and serious health issues found in non-organic produce.
Similarly speaking, the demand for healthy food is also booming as consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the positive effects of such healthy food as well as the adverse effects of unhealthy fast food.
As a consequence of this, there is a rising demand for healthy and quality international foods from a growing base of families, millennial and middle-aged consumers. This diverse and urban landscape is driving the demand for convenient, ready-to-eat, chilled, processed, preserved, and frozen foods in the region.